Browse by Topic and Author
All Article Topics All Topics
- See fewer topics
- Analytics & Metrics
- Application manbetx官方网站手机版Design
- B2B Websites
- Behavior Patterns
- Content Strategy
- Corporate Websites
- manbetx官方网站手机版Design Patterns
- manbetx官方网站手机版Design Process
- Heuristic Evaluation
- Human Computer Interaction
- Information Architecture
- International Users
- Mobile & Tablet
- Non-Profit Websites
- Persuasive manbetx官方网站手机版Design
- Psychology and 万博官网manbetx下载UX
- Research Methods
- Social Media
- User Testing
- 万博官网manbetx下载UX Teams
- Visual manbetx官方网站手机版Design
- Web Usability
- Young Users
- Better Link Labels: 4Ss for Encouraging Clicks
- User Need Statements: The ‘Define' Stage in manbetx官方网站手机版Design Thinking
- Teenager's 万博官网manbetx官方网站手机版manbetx下载UX: Designing for Teens
- Contextual Menus: Delivering Relevant Tools for Tasks
- Portfolios for 万博官网manbetx下载UX Researchers: Top 10 Recommendations
- See all manbetx官网手机登陆articles
- 10 Usability Heuristics for User Interface manbetx官方网站手机版Design
- When to Use Which User-Experience Research Methods
- Usability 101: Introduction to Usability
- Empathy Mapping: The First Step in manbetx官方网站手机版Design Thinking
- 万博官网manbetx下载UX Research Cheat Sheet
- When and How to Create Customer Journey Maps
- manbetx官方网站手机版Design Thinking 101
- The Distribution of Users' Computer Skills: Worse Than You Think
- 万博官网manbetx下载UX Mapping Methods Compared: A Cheat Sheet
- Why Personas Fail
Systems should speak users' language,follow real-world conventions,and make information appear in a natural and logical order.
Communicating the current state allows users to feel in control of the system,take appropriate actions to reach their goal,and ultimately trust the brand.
Expert reviews involve the analysis of a manbetx官方网站手机版design by a 万博官网manbetx下载UX expert with the goal of identifying usability problems and strengths.
Thoughtful manbetx官方网站手机版design is transparent and easy to understand,provides a preview,and helps users to easily correct their errors.
Users are often distracted from the task at hand,so prevent unconscious errors by offering suggestions,utilizing constraints,and being flexible.
Showing users things they can recognize improves usability over needing to recall items from scratch because the extra context helps users retrieve information from memory.
Discount usability engineering is our only hope.We must evangelize methods simple enough that departments can do their own usability work,fast enough that people will take the time,and cheap enough that it's still worth doing.The methods that can accomplish this are simplified user testing with one or two users per manbetx官方网站手机版design and heuristic evaluation.
Participants in a course on usability inspection methods were surveyed 7-8 months after the course.Factors which influenced adoption were cost,rated benefit of the method,relevance to current projects,and whether the methods had active evangelists.
Heuristic evaluation is a good method of identifying both major and minor problems with an interface,but the lists of usability problems found by heuristic evaluation will tend to be dominated by minor problems,which is one reason severity ratings form a useful supplement to the method.
Heuristic evaluation involves having a small set of evaluators examine the interface and judge its compliance with recognized usability principles (the "heuristics").Adherence to specific methods can improve the outcome of an heuristic evaluation.
Rating usability problems according to their severity facilitates the allocation of resources to fix the most serious problems.Severity ratings are a combination of frequency,impact,and persistence.
Usability inspection is the generic name for a set of methods that are all based on having evaluators inspect a user interface.Typically,usability inspection is aimed at finding usability problems in the manbetx官方网站手机版design,though some methods also address issues like the severity of the usability problems and the overall usability of an entire system.
Jakob Nielsen's 10 general principles for interaction manbetx官方网站手机版design.They are called "heuristics" because they are broad rules of thumb and not specific usability guidelines.