Chatbots combine Artificial Intelligence and Natural Language Processing to allow users to interact with your company much as they would with actual customer support personnel.This can be through texting or through speech (with the latter including Alexa,Siri,and more).
Chatbots represent some of the first true uses of these advanced technologies in the consumer space.In fact,they are surprisingly easy to manbetx官方网站手机版design.That means that they will most likely soon be ubiquitous,and you may well be asked to put one together.At the same time,though they may be easy to manbetx官方网站手机版design,they are not necessarily easy to manbetx官方网站手机版design well.
Though chatbot manbetx官方网站手机版design is still in its infancy,this presentation looks at several developing best practices,as well as offering a model,based around human conversation,that can guide you as you come to understand how chatbots work,what users will look for in them,and – ultimately – how to manbetx官方网站手机版design effective and usable ones.
- What a chatbot is
- Why they are becoming so popular
- How they work behind the scenes
- How to manbetx官方网站手机版design effective ones
- Definition of a chatbot
- Recent emergence of chatbots
- Overview of how chatbots work
- Chat bot best practices
- Being conversational
- Not trapping the user
- Projecting a real personality
- Focusing the dialogue
- Dealing with interruptions
- Replicating best practices from Interaction manbetx官方网站手机版Design
- Grice's Maxims (a linguistic model that can help you manbetx官方网站手机版design effective chat bots)
- Chatbot don'ts
- Your recording will be available for viewing as soon as payment is processed.
- The link to view the online seminar will be emailed to the address used for registration.
View this recording
Recorded June 2017
60 minute online seminar
Cliff Anderson is a Sr.Usability Engineer with Ally Bank.He has 30 years of experience doing usability testing,and has tested over 3000 users. He has presented at UPA and has published in UPA Voice,Boxes & Arrows,User Experience,and Usability Interface. He has degrees from Duke University and Carnegie Mellon,and has been a guest lecturer at Clemson,the University of North Carolina,Winthrop,and the University of Georgia. He also formerly presented regularly for the Nielsen manbetx官网手机登陆Norman Group's Usability Week.