Video is an important format to master as it can be used to document research methods such as field observations,interviews,focus groups,and usability tests.In this session we will discuss:
- tools and techniquesfor collecting and analyzing qualitative video data
- what to look for in a videorecording device
- how toleverage video recording devicesfor different research methods
- how toprepare captured video footagefor analysis
- how toanalyze video footage using qualitative data coding
- helps us connect and empathize with users in a way quantitative data cannot
- contrary to popular belief,it can be quantified.
These traits make qualitative video data a powerful combination of insights and numbers.
However,since qualitative data comes in a variety of different formats (such as text,audio,and video),you need an understanding of:
- what tools to use
- how to choose the best techniques.
Participants of this session will leave with not only applicable skills,but also a list of cost-effective tools that will help them make use of qualitative data in video format.
What You'll Learn
- How to find the recording device that's right for you
- How to record interviews,focus groups,observations,and usability tests
- What to look for in a video recording device
- Understanding form and function
- Understanding recording formats
- Understanding lenses and focal points
- How to leverage video recording devices for different research methods
- Setups for interviews and focus groups
- Setups for observations (single & multi pov)
- Setups for usability tests (single & multi pov)
- How to prepare recorded video footage for analysis
- Processing video footage (single vs multi pov)
- Censoring & annotating video footage
- Hosting and sharing video footage
- How to analyze video footage with qualitative data coding
- Structuring your spreadsheet
- Coding for what you want to learn
- Basic formulas for quantification
- Your recording will be available for viewing as soon as payment is processed.
- The link to view the online seminar will be emailed to the address used for registration.
View this recording
Recorded April 2018
60 minute online seminar
Geoff Robertson is founder and 万博官网manbetx下载UX Specialist at Chockablock,whose mission is to help those working in blockchain technology identify their product's barriers to adoption and create better experiences for the next wave of users.He has developed several innovative techniques for collecting qualitative data in complex,multi-user environments.Geoff values team involvement in research and has structured his process to include manbetx官方网站手机版designers and developers allowing them to learn and apply techniques on their own.Geoff earned his BA in Experimental Psychology from the University of South Carolina in 2006 and his MA in Human Factors and Applied Cognitive Psychology from George Mason University in 2010.