UX Metrics and ROI
AUX metricis a piece of numerical data that tells us about some aspect of the user experience of a product or service. These metrics can be invaluable, helping teams to assess the quality of their designs and track improvements over time. In some cases, they can be used to demonstrate how UX work can impact business goals.
This report includes44 real-life case studieshighlighting how teams have used UX metrics in their work. Many are success stories, demonstrating how well-founded and researched design decisions have a huge impact on the user experience, resulting in increased business value . Some are not success stories — the impact on the design was neutral or even negative. This is the reality of design work: we can’t always predict the impact on our users. This fact underscores the continued need for iterative design work based on solid research.
The 297-page report also includes advice for将这些概念应用于您自己的工作, as well asdetailed quantitative analysisof the 99 total case studies we’ve collected for all editions of this report over 14 years.
- Clear definitions of popular UX metrics and quantitative methodologies
- Step-by-step guides for applying these concepts
- How to get started with UX benchmarking
- How to calculate the return-on-investment for design changes
- How to estimate the magnitude of gains from design changes
- Realistic expectations for your own design work
- Breakdown of average gains for each category of UX metric
- How the impact of UX has changed over time
- Comparison of current average amount of impact against older data from 2006-2008
- Breakdown of how average gains for each category of UX metric have changed
- Explanations for these differences
- Predictions for future changes
- Each case study includes:
- Metrics collected
- Methodology used
- Description of the product or service
- Description of the solution(s) implemented
- Results of the design change
- 新名字：5.thedition is a radical transformation of this report. The report’s title for the first four editions wasReturn on Investment (ROI) for Usability，并重点致力于确定UX活动的预算，并证明对UX工作的需求。此新版本更多地使用定量数据来评估UX更改并估算其影响。
- 30 new case studies of real-life UX projects and metrics:新案例研究来自各种行业和产品。除了截图和指标之外，许多案例研究还包括像想象的剪影等设计伪影。案例研究来自世界各地，包括：
- North America
- The Middle East
- 9深入了解with some of the design teams: Their quotes, stories, and tips are included throughout the report.
- 应用这些方法的解释和说明：In this edition, we’ve added three chapters with definitions of important concepts, as well as advice about how to apply these concepts on your own.