B2B Website Usability for Converting Users into Leads and Customers
B2B sites have a challenging job: They need to support business customers through long, complex buying processes, they need to generate leads for the sales team, and they need to be a resource for existing customers after purchase. Ensure that your business-to-business website stands out among the competitors. Know what customers need when trying to complete tasks, such as comparing products, sharing options with colleagues, building a shortlist, and signing up for information.
Featuring complex products and services, catering to a diverse audience, and accommodating long buying cycles does not mean your website must be difficult to use.
This419-pagereport presents188 user-experience design guidelinesbased on our user research. Discussions and301 screenshot illustrationssupplement our findings.
- Optimize content to support each stage in a long, considered buying process
- Support collaborative purchasing processes and help your customers justify purchases to leadership
- Designing for diverse audiences
- Personas: Putting faces to your business customers, special sectors
- Understand how people’s experiences on general websites affect their expectations on B2B websites
- Understand the needs of “users” and “choosers”, and how to speak to both key audiences.
- Checklist of 181 UX guidelines to convert more business leads into customers
- Making product and service pages compelling
- Building comparison charts that win customers
- Including the right technical specifications
- 建立一个更好的About Us页码
- Creating lead-generation forms that encourage conversions
- Best practices for images, multimedia, and videos
- Contact: phone, chat, forms, and information on contact page
- Proof of business benefits: Case studies, white papers, and technical documents
- Strong calls to action
- Supporting and maintaining customers after the sale
- Partner-specific custom websites
- The online impact of offline marketing dollars
- Considerations for international customers
The third edition contains updated research that produced new guidelines and 301 screenshot examples, an expanded mobile and tablet section, and all-new categories and organization.
The information in this report is based on our user studies, including:
- Usability testing sessions (one-on-one)
- Focus-group sessions
- Site visits
Representative business users tested 293 B2B websites. We conducted our research in three countries: the United States, the United Kingdom, and Singapore.