User Experience Specialist, Nielsen Norman Group
Recorded August 2019
One of the charms of user research is that anyone can do it, even without having any formal research training. However, all research with humans requires consideration of ethical standards. User research in product design is no exception.
In this seminar, you will learn the principles of research ethics, and how these principles can be applied in the field of user research. Whether you’re just getting started in user research, or you’re responsible for overseeing research in your organization, you will learn something you can immediately apply.
- Overview of research ethics
- Informed Consent
- What is informed consent
- When you need informed consent
- How to collect informed consent
- Protecting participants’ data
- Data minimization
- Data security and retention
- Data Subject Rights for organizations operating in the EU
- Vulnerability of participants and sensitive research topics
- Ethical challenges for employee and client-side research
- Research safety and comfort
- Setting standards in your organization
- Defining a Code of Conduct
- Training researchers
- Pursuing membership of a professional organization
- Your recording will be available for viewing as soon as payment is processed.
- The link to view the online seminar will be emailed to the address used for registration.
Ethics for User Research
60 minute online seminar