我们自豪地介绍Nielsen Norman Group's的获奖者manbetx官方网站手机版局域网设计年度(报告), in its 20TH.周年一年。二十年we have singled out the 10 best intranets of each year, making for a total of 200 inspiring intranets and their creators, who were pioneers in their winning year.今年的赢家are as impressive as ever. Following are the organizations with the 10 best-designed intranets for 2020:
- 银行Spoldzielczy我们Wschowie(Poland), cooperative bank serving three Polish provinces
- Barclays(UK), financial institution that moves, lends, invests, and protects money for customers and clients worldwide
- Consolidated Edison，Inc。(US), one of the Unites States’ largest investor-owned energy-delivery companies, providing a range of energy-related products and services
- Dynacare(Canada), one of Canada’s largest health solutions companies, offering services that include medical testing, insurance solutions, corporate wellness programs, advanced genetic testing, and digital health solutions
- Husky Energy(Canada), integrated energy company with 30 office locations across Canada, the US, and Asia-Pacific
- Korn Ferry(US), global organizational consulting firm, helping companies design their organization’s structure, roles, responsibilities, compensation, and development
- Loblaw Companies Limited（加拿大）加拿大最大的零售商，提供杂货，药房，健康和美容，服装，一般商品，金融服务和无线移动产品和服务
- United Nations(US), international organization that takes action on the challenges confronting humanity in the 21st century and offers a forum for countries to come together to tackle challenging issues
- 威康信托(UK), a health organization that supports researchers, campaigns for better science, and exists to improve health
Since 2015, more and more teams started reporting that they were employing some form of敏捷开发. In 2019 and again this year, all 10 winners reported that they had used an敏捷开发过程. 这个过程在许多方面影响了intranet的设计，但最主要的是团队通常会创建一个相当大的设计版本，这个版本比精益开发的版本更全面minimum-viable-product (MVP)概念。这个大版本之后是许多较小的迭代，添加和更改最少。主要版本包括许多重要的特性和新的视觉外观，而稍后的迭代最多只包括一些特性。
From 2001 to 2007, winning teams required an average of 3.3 years to create their intranets; from 2008 to 2013, the average creation time was 3.6 years. Beginning in 2014, however, the平均时间降至1.4岁th -平均时间at has held ever since.
In addition to Agile approaches, teams’ development speed is also enhanced by the use of good intranet applications and tools for design and collaboration.
Finally, larger core teams — that is, more people working on the intranet — work faster and produce faster design releases. See the更大的核心团队section of the report for more about team sizes.
敏捷发展: Rousing Change and Creating Challenges
The Agile development process has changed intranet teams’ mentality and planning in various areas.
- Working with agencies:在敏捷中工作意味着团队计划与外部机构的合作伙伴关系，以超越主要发布，并包括规划未来的较小迭代。换句话说，合作伙伴关系并不在大发射中结束，因为它经常在迭代开始流行之前。结果，团队必须找到额外的预算来保留各机构。他们还可以与可以真正学习公司业务的机构进行长期合作。或者，如果合作伙伴关系并不好，团队可以在后续版本上尝试新机构。
- Creating and updating the global navigation:To create agood information architecture (IA)，设计师通常从内容开始，然后开始分组，命名和组织它。根据这些努力，创建全局导航菜单。此过程可以在敏捷时构成挑战，因为必须在全球导航中将其命名和放置在IA之前，以便必须达成协议，并且在全球导航中达成协议。但许多在敏捷中工作的队伍不知道初始发布时的所有未来功能。典型解决问题的典型解决方案是：1）即使所有计划的命令都不出现在初始大版本中，全局导航就在此之前设计（但未编码）。2）初始导航设计是可扩展的，以适应额外的命令，尽管确保了难以实现不确定特征的地方。3）每当迭代版本需要它时，导航菜单架构会更改，这对用户来说是非常破坏性的。
- 规划Intranet的发布和相关活动：Marketing activities at launch create buzz and awareness, and educate employees about features and the new-intranet’s benefits. Having multiple iterations means planning a large promotion for the main release, then continuing with smaller promotions for new features as they go live.
This year’s winning teams ranged from as few as 5 members (at both Dynacare and Korn Ferry) to as many as 80 (at Angelini). These numbers reflect the core intranet teams, which comprised internal and external staff and full- and part-time employees. They do not include extended team members, such as content authors or people working on short-term projects.
The average team size since 2001 is 14 people, although this year, six teams had smaller teams. Over time, theaverage team size doubledfrom 8 people (during the range 2002–2007) to 16 people (both for 2008–2013 and for 2014–2020). It seems that organizations have been devoting more resources to intranet teams in recent years, which we believe is a very positive development.
Creating and maintaining an intranet — no matter how much you automate and build good workflows — is still a manual job in many ways. And, as always, including individuals from across the organization requires deep research, along with considerable handholding and political maneuvering.
Including Outside Help
Intranet teams often create a completely new design in a short amount of time with few people. They also use technologies, employ development processes, and require expertise that their in-house staff may not have. Thus, they often bring in consultants for help.
Key areas that teams sought help for included the following:
- Content creation and editor training
- Information architecture
- Project management
- Visual design
Over the years, many winning intranet teams have engaged external resources to help in their redesign projects, both to fill internal-team gaps and gain outside experience and perspective.
依赖外部资源是一个双刃剑西南ord, however. Many winning organizations have quick development times and iterative processes, which raises a crucial question: When these short-term external resources are no longer on contract, who is left to iterate, maintain, and continually improve the new site?
"If everyone is moving forward together, then success takes care of itself." – Henry Ford
Whether the organization comprises a few small teams or several large businesses, an intranet — more than any other digital tool — can bond teams and companies within the organization. Seeing each group’s information and apps in the same menu, search results, and homepage can teach or remind employees about each team’s strengths and resources, so they may work together in the futures. Likewise, having access to the same overarching news, leaders’ messages, rich employee-profile documents, and policies can be unifying.
All of this year’s winners set goals for their designs before they started the project. Some had several, far-reaching goals, and almost every winner’s goal included something related to community, accessing or combining knowledge. Parts of the goals are listed below, with the common themes in bold:
- Angelini Group: develop a独特的and包容的团队认同，克服组织分裂，整合遥远的国家，增加项目和跨职能流程的共享和协作，并在员工中激发创新和数字文化
- Barclays: organize hundreds of tools and division-specific microsites在一个地方
- Con Edison:统一Con Edison and O & R employees on a single intranet platform
- 哈士奇能源：与员工启用双向沟通，以创建更新和更新collaborative workplace culture, provide a reliable,single source of information适用于可移动的员工;提供一个consistent experience for all end usersto access corporate or regional information and services
- Korn Ferry:bring together staff and teams under one digital roof;provide one platform to effectively communicate, collaborate and manage knowledgeacross the entire organization;ensure the right people have the right knowledge at the right time
- Loblaw: build asense of communityamongst all colleagues, regardless of location or role; expand the reach of the intranet beyond existing users to包括more than 140,000 frontline colleagues
- United Nations: “Uniting“联合国”，bring diverse people together
- 威康信托: give users asense of community; a clear picture of Wellcome, how it适合一起他们如何实现他们的愿景;是与同事相关联, feel valued, appreciated and heard
Vision: Derive, Agree, Socialize, Remind, and Strive
To derive goals, teams generally employed several steps:
- state the goals and agree upon them
- share the goals with the entire team
- remind the team about the goals at key points in the development process
Without goals, team members prioritize work based on individual assumptions about goals. These assumptions may be completely different than those of the stakeholders or other team members. Even experienced, well-intended developers and content creators may go off the rails at times if they have no clear goals. Lack of common goals results in an intranet design that’s not cohesive.
在内部网开发是一个特殊的挑战t team members often don’t work full time on the intranet. So, when they return to working on it after time away on other projects, they should be reminded of what they are striving for. Goals are extremely important in these cases.
Goals Can Be About Anything, But Are Manageable
An intranet’s goals should cover what the team wants to do, but not be overly ambitious or complicated. Winning teams kept their goals understandable and concise. The stated goals made it easy for teams to undertake their work, even though actually achieving them, of course, may have been a herculean effort.
The number of goals and their content varied to suit the organization’s needs. Some of the areas the goals covered include:
- Features:Multiple organizations listed actual features as part of their intranet design goals. For example, Con Edison’s goals included: enhanced search capabilities, a standardized look-and- feel, consistent department templates, redesigned employee communications, and digital forms, policies, and procedures. Likewise, Husky Energy also called for “robust search function that delivered current and accurate data.” Barclays listed personalization and customization in its goals.
- Efficiencies:The Bank Spółdzielczy we Wschowie team wanted to “streamline business processes” on the intranet, Angelini Group wanted to “increase sharing and collaboration on projects and cross-functional processes” and stimulate “innovation and digital culture” among employees. Dynacare worked to improve collaboration and productivity, while Korn Ferry looked to “increase efficiencies across key processes and the dissemination of knowledge across business.”
- Systems and Devices:一些组织包括移动设备和遗留系统，他们希望其设计支持。例如，Barclays的列表包括使“桌面和移动应用程序使用所选的遗留，当前和新技术，包括：iOS，Android，Chrome和IE。”Loblaw希望该网站以“移动友好的方式”设计;和赫斯基能源呼吁“移动访问”。
- Communication:Dynacare wanted to enable “employees to communicate and collaborate more easily with colleagues.” Husky Energy strove for “two-way communication with employees to create a more informed and collaborative workplace culture.”
- Content:Korn Ferry’s goals mention creating a “clear classifications and ownership of content,” and Loblaw’s goals included “providing relevant content to colleagues.” Husky Energy wanted to “enable administrators and end users to publish and manage information efficiently.”
- 可访问性：Barclays and Husky Energy set goals related to accessibility.
Outward Thinking Inside the Organization
员工往往如此专注于自己的工作和团队，以至于他们对组织中其他团队的工作一无所知。如果不了解组织的其他部分，团队可能会过于狭隘，错过合作的机会，在内部有专业知识的情况下聘请外部顾问，甚至可能错过新的职业道路。今年获胜的intranet团队明白了提供有关各个业务部门和团队的信息的重要性。例如，Husky Energy内部网提供了有关组织中不同团队的部分，因此员工可以了解每个团队的战略、领导力、新闻和绩效。Dynacare的Who Does What’page helped employees understand the business structure and offered details related to cross-functional departments.
Center of the Digital Workplace
Like last year, this year’s winning teams took responsibility for taking an inventory of the many tools in the organization’s digital workplace and making it possible to find and access them on the intranet.
ATools菜单、启动点或其他访问各种应用程序的方式出现在大多数获奖设计中。银行Spółdzielczy we Wschowie支持无数的应用程序，从银行到人力资源。巴克莱（Barclays）的工具和链接部分充当了各种工具和第三方网站的门户。安吉利尼集团的内部网集成的机票和工作流程系统的假期和订单请求。在Dynacare内部网上，每个应用程序或数字工作区工具都包含在一个卡片with a corresponding icon. Loblaw’s intranet enabled employees to access tools targeted to them via icons in a toolbar.
Understanding that the content is the most critical part of any intranet, designers went beyond the typical and tried different strategies to audit, create, maintain, and govern the intranet’s content.
When deriving the intranet’s IA, Angelini Group conducted a comprehensive content inventory that encapsulated not just assets contained on the old intranet, but also other corporate tools whose content could be integrated into the new digital workplace.
Dynacare的特别之处Editmenu (available only to content administrators) made simple edits faster and easier through the option to edit content on any page of the intranet directly from the front end, instead of through the content-management system.
On every intranet page, Husky Energy’s page footer included a link to contact the news editor and another link to encourage employees to provide input on articles, pages, or the site in general.
威康信托encouraged and expected employees to share content on the intranet; thus, 40% of employees posted an article in 2018.
Giving authors credit for content and making their contact information available keeps content fresh. Husky Energy’s intranet displayed the name of the person who posted the page, along with a photo. This practice not only gives authors credit and a sense of page ownership, but it also helps colleagues determine the right person to go to if they have a question or comment.
Clear goals, effectively employing Agile development, self-awareness of the intranet teams’ strengths and weaknesses, and a holistic view of the organization and its digital workplace to inform the intranet design were a few of reasons why this years’ winners derived such remarkable designs. They make us proud to include them in our 20TH.anniversaryreport.