Director of Design and Digital Engagement, IBM Corporation
Recorded June 2019
“Search” can be a powerful means of finding a nugget of information from a large repository of structured and unstructured data sources. However, while a search feature is often a part of the solution, Search alone is not sufficient in addressing these user needs. Intranet Design Annual winners from IBM will share their methods and learning on how to best help users find what they’re looking for.
- Who are our users
- User needs
- Focusing the MVP on search
- IA and redesign considerations related to Find
- Importance of flexibility and fluidity
- How to fine-tune technology choices
- Taking "Find" or "Findability" beyond Search
- Boost Search relevancy: before and after
- Why is Search not sufficient
- Other ways to help users find
- Where do we go from here/current focus
- "Translating" a taxonomy
- Re-visit site navigation
- Crowdsourcing "Find"
- Your recording will be available for viewing as soon as payment is processed.
- The link to view the 1 Hour Talk will be emailed to the address used for registration.
60 minute talk
Search and Findability
60 minute online seminar