UX & Optimization Specialist, Independent Consultant
Recorded November 2019
While many UX teams are familiar with the concept of visual fidelity (the difference between wireframes and mock-ups), fewer acknowledge the different functional fidelities of prototypes.
In this online seminar, we will discuss:
- how modern screen design tools encourage teams to adopt a workflow that favors surface design over interaction design,
- how differing functional fidelities can help teams explore, communicate, and usability test the functional elements of user interfaces, and
- what you need to consider to create a high functional-fidelity prototype.
- Types of prototypes and when to use them
- Throwaway vs. Evolutionary
- Visual fidelity (low vs. high) vs. functional fidelity (low vs. high)
- Screen design tools
- The broken promise of prototyping
- Considerations for high functional fidelity tooling
- Challenges of low functional fidelity prototypes for usability testing
- Suspension of disbelief
- Pre-filled personal data
- Pre-selected options
- Missed states, interactions and experiences
- Directed routes
- Low quality questioning
- Path and artboard management
- Prototype considerations for usability testing
- Red routes
- Your recording will be available for viewing as soon as payment is processed.
- 的链接查看1小时Talk will be emailed to the address used for registration.
60 minute talk
Prototyping with Functional Fidelity in Mind
60 minute online seminar