CXO and Founding Member, Athena Home Loans
Recorded June 2018
As a start-up, the key is to disrupt, differentiate & challenge; but even for well-established companies, the difference between surviving and thriving lies in how well a company can adapt and innovate. Effectively implementing a design-led culture involves constant re-prioritization, collaboration and articulation of a clear road map. Esse will discuss challenges around embedding a design thinking culture, rallying a team to focus on executing a usable design in a viable MVP, and building the skills & mindsets critical to adapting from corporate execution to the Agile development of a start-up.
Hear best practices and potential solutions for typical problems faced for UX teams working in Lean startups and in the financial sector. Get recommendations for building a strong team culture and maximizing outputs when time and money are short. And, gain some inspiration to transform your organization into an innovative and design-led business.
What You'll Learn
- What it means to fit UX in at a start-up environment
- Establishing a design-led, collaborative culture and method of operation
- Optimizing product development through customer insights
- Creating customer empathy across your organization
- Knowing your audience; testing early and regularly
- Overcoming hurdles and barriers of doing UX in a lean start-up
- Prioritizing, tracking and executing UX work according to a strategy
- Building the right team
- Creating a shared vision and continuous engagement
- Making venture design work
- Uncovering problems in a traditional sector (e.g. the home lending market)
- Startups & UX
- Incorporating UX into daily rhythm
- Establishing a research strategy
- Maximizing research with limited budgets and time
- Prototyping to hypothesize or gain insights to actual customer pain points
- Venture design vs. traditional user-centered design
- Prioritizing, tracking and executing UX activities
- Lessons learned: what we wished we'd known a year ago
- Your recording will be available for viewing as soon as payment is processed.
- The link to view the 1 Hour Talk will be emailed to the address used for registration.
60 minute talk
60 minute online seminar