Education Team Lead, Balsamiq
Recorded July 2020
Wireframes are often looked down on by designers because of their simplistic appearance, yet they endure because of their unique ability to invite participation and get everyone on the same page. They are not merely a design artifact, they are also a very effective communication tool.
In this seminar, we’ll learn how wireframes can be used in different ways throughout the product design process, to ensure that user goals are clear, the design phase is thorough, yet efficient, and developer handoff is predictable and collaborative.
In this seminar, you will learn…
- How to use wireframes to generate better ideas during creative phases
- How to provide the right level of detail for developers
- How to let go of “done” to reduce wasted effort and invite collaboration
- How to make sure you’re solving the right problem
- A framework for implementing wireframing thinking as a process that the entire team can use
- Why wireframes still matter
- Articulate the problem
- Sketch the flow
- Wireframe tips for ideation and communication
- Go down dark paths
- Design inside-out
- Leverage design systems
- Share unfinished work
- Be deliberate about details
- Wireframe tips for iteration and handoff
- Design for the feedback you want
- Work in code
- Use the least effort method
- Plan for changes
- A framework for successful wireframes - 10 principles of effective wireframes
- Your recording will be available for viewing as soon as payment is processed.
- The link to view the 1 Hour Talk will be emailed to the address used for registration.
60 minute talk
60 minute online seminar