Chief Designer, Nielsen Norman Group
Recorded February 2019
Design critiques should be a key part of the iterative creative process, but incorporating feedback into your team’s existing process proves to be difficult for many teams. However, creating a culture of honest critique improves design by incorporating multiple perspectives.
The sooner your team understands and absorbs design critiques into existing processes, the sooner your products will reap the benefits that come from these important conversations. Critiquing ongoing design projects affords changes to be made to the design before it is final, without impacting the project cost and timeline, and ultimately insures that the end product meets the original goal.
This seminar will teach you the basics of critiques so you can start immediately running critiques for your current design project — in whatever state that may be.
- Setting a solid foundation
- Critique vs. design review
- Anatomy of a healthy, collaborative design team
- Common pitfalls
- Culture of critique
- Goals of a design critique
- Rules of good critiques
- Critique format
- Pre-critique set up
- Running the meeting
- Gathering feedback
- Closing the feedback loop
- Assigning responsibility
- Driving action
- Your recording will be available for viewing as soon as payment is processed.
- 的链接查看1小时Talk will be emailed to the address used for registration.
60 minute talk
Design Critiques: What, How, and When
60 minute online seminar