Chief Innovation Strategist, UsableNet
Recorded March 2020
With more than 1 billion companies conducting business online today, ADA Website lawsuits have reached a rate of one lawsuit per hour, and that number is likely to continue to rise. Jason Taylor, an expert with 20 years of experience in accessibility shares findings about what companies can learn from these lawsuits, reviewing data from claim letters and ADA website lawsuits over the past several years.
You will learn:
- how these lawsuits have led to overall improvements in accessibility and web usability,
- best practices and resources available to improve accessibility, and
- how to integrate a disabilities committee into your design and research practice.
- Defining accessibility versus usability
- Top trends from more than 4,000 web accessibility lawsuits filed in 2018 and 2019
- Types of companies and industries that receive more ADA website lawsuits
- 为什么一些行业获得more lawsuits than others
- Typical remedy requests for ADA Website lawsuit claims
- How to mitigate your risk of receiving a lawsuit
- How to engage and integrate user testing with a disabilities committee
- Practical takeaways to implement now, no matter where you are in your digital accessibility journey
- Your recording will be available for viewing as soon as payment is processed.
- The link to view the 1 Hour Talk will be emailed to the address used for registration.
60 minute talk
How Accessibility Lawsuits are Driving Better Web Design
60 minute online seminar